ad 2

Monday, September 23, 2013

COMPUTER ORGANIZATION AND ARCHITECTURE(SEMESTER IV)

ANNA UNIVERSITY :: CHENNAI 600 025
UNIVERSITY DEPARTMENTS
REGULATIONS – 2008
CURRICULUM FROM III TO VIII SEMESTERS AND ELECTIVES FOR
B.TECH. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY

 


 

COMPUTER ORGANIZATION AND ARCHITECTURE
(Common to CSE & IT)


UNIT I

BASIC STRUCTURE OF COMPUTERS

             Functional unitsBasic operational conceptsBus structuresPerformance and metricsInstructions and instruction sequencing Hardware Software Interface
Instruction set architectureAddressing modesRISCCISC. ALU design – Fixed point and floating point operations.


UNIT II

BASIC PROCESSING UNIT

             Fundamental conceptsExecution of a complete instructionMultiple bus organizationHardwired controlMicro programmed controlNano programming.

UNIT III

PIPELINING

             Basic conceptsData hazardsInstruction hazardsInfluence on instruction setsData path and control considerationsPerformance considerationsException
handling
.

UNIT IV

MEMORY SYSTEM

             Basic conceptsSemiconductor RAMROMSpeed Size and costCache memoriesImproving cache performanceVirtual memoryMemory management
requirements
Associative memoriesSecondary storage devices.

UNIT V

I/O ORGANIZATION

             Accessing I/O devicesProgrammed Input/Output -InterruptsDirect Memory AccessBusesInterface circuitsStandard I/O Interfaces (PCI, SCSI, USB), I/O devices and processors.

No comments:

Post a Comment